I wrote a book. It was really, really hard. But it's done! (Well, the manuscript is done). 

I made this page so that I could post things about my book without having to post them on my blog. People come to my blog to read blog posts, not to watch me promote my book, and I want to respect that. By doing things this way, the people who are interested in seeing book things can choose to come here and the people who don't want to see anything promotion-related don't have to see it. 


Anyway, I have been told that I need to promote my book, so I'm going to at least try to make it interesting and/or fun. At the very least, I'm going to try to make it not obnoxious.

UPDATE: SPECIAL CRAZY ADVERTISING OFFER: Each person who pre-orders my book will receive a copy of my book at some point in the future! (and that point will be in October). You're probably thinking "WHAT?? YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BE SERIOUS! THAT VALUE IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!" But I am completely serious. Unfortunately, there is little or no extra value in this offer. It's just how normal pre-orders work.

EDIT: Here is a list of places where my book can be pre-ordered:

Paperback:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Powell's Books

Indie Bound


eBook:

Nook

Kindle


iBook:

iTunes



EDIT: here is an Amazon link for my UK readers. And guess what? You guys are also eligible for the "pre-order a book and get that book in the future"deal!

(nobody tell them that this is the same as a normal pre-order. I think I tricked them). 

EDIT 2: If anyone notices a small increase in the price of the book, it's because it turned out to be 96 pages longer than originally anticipated (originally anticipated number of pages: 288. Actual number of pages: 384) and the cost of production went up. However, unlike the special crazy advertising offer, one dollar for 96 extra pages actually might be a pretty okay deal.

EDIT 3: Here's a place where you can order from your local bookstore if you'd like: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781451666175